Saturday, June 13, 2009

A walk with the Creator

I had a relaxing weekend today. I didn't do much but some laundry and take a walk in the park. I enjoy nature and when there are opportunity for me to go for a walk in the park, I will always go.

IMG 050

So, today, I spend some time walking and armed with my faithful camera, I took some pictures too. This time, I visited the Bullfrog Valley park. Well, actually my second time here.

bullfrog

I simply love this place. You can walk under the canopy and protected from the hot sun.

 IMG 029

Isn't that beautiful? Actually the trail was created not too long ago and now it's extended through the town of Hershey. The story of the trail comes with a sad story.

IMG 027

Well, back in 1998, Jonathan Eshenhour was riding his bicycle and at that time, there was no bicycle trail nor walking path in Hershey. He was killed when he rammed into a wall. In remembrance of him, this parents decided to raise fund and built walking cum cycling trail. This fund raising was well received and until now, they are still building the trail and extending it for people. IMG 025

Well, because of him and the work of his parents, now we have this nice beautiful trails that take us across the town of Hershey. However, I have not walk all of it. You simply can't. It's too long...

IMG 051

Anyway, back to the park...they have a nice little lake where you can fish too. Apparently, there are quite many people who comes here to fish. At the pond, there are also geese and ducks...

IMG 058

As I was taking the picture, a thought just came through my mind. I wonder, where will this ducks and geese be if it was back at home? Will it still be happily swimming here at the lake or it already end up in somebody dinner table?

IMG 060

I  just walked across the street from here and the whole scenery changes...I am simply in awe...

IMG 075

Well, this is a wheat field. It's summer soon so it's going to be harvested. I can just simply look to the horizon and all I can see are wheat fields and corn fields. The view is simply stunning.

IMG 094

I enjoyed the walk so much. It was a wonderful time to relax and be alone at the same time be with God. I am simply thankful for Him for everything that He has done and He is doing and for all that He has created. The verse Matt 9:37 just literally 'jumped' to me. The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore to send out workers into his harvest field.

Anyway, here are more pictures I took in the evening with the Lord.

IMG 097 IMG 111IMG 139IMG 106IMG 105IMG 078IMG 091  IMG 030

No comments: