Wednesday, June 24, 2009

From East to West

I have always proud myself being a Malaysian, growing up in a country where it's multicultural with different language being spoken and having wide array of food. Where else in the world that you can see so many ethnic people groups living harmoniously together and celebrating different festival together? Where can you get food of various culinary skills and background without having travel from China to India?

105_1533

It's in Malaysia where you can find the blend of different people groups and also food that is so glorious and delicious. It's common for you to hear Malaysian says that they miss the Malaysian food when they travel. From the nasi lemak to the roti canai and char keow teow, it's the land to be if you love food.

 105_1512

I have been to different countries and yet I still find Malaysia serves the best food from around the world. Recently, I was in New York and I took the opportunity to see the city and try some food there too. IMG_0419

When I am there, I must try the famous New York deli. They serve pizza to sandwiches, from gourmet food to the simplest cookies.

IMG 079

Well, I must says that I do love the food there. But then, how much pasta can you have? How much cheese can you eat? How many times can you have cold turkey sandwiches? And how many types of pizza can you try?

 IMG 033

After a few thrills of having a new diet, I started to think of my simple nasi lemak and teh tarik at home. The notion of you can saying you can lead the horse to the water but you can never force it to drink started to play in my mind. You can take a Malaysian out of Malaysia but you cannot take the taste of glorious food from them (R)...something similar.

IMG 136

Nonetheless, I enjoyed the food in States. I always embrace try whatever you are serve with while you can.

IMG 164

I went to a Venezuela food place when I am try and my explorer instinct came on strongly. Not understand what was written, I just point and order the cheapest food that was on the menu...you see, I am a broke traveller.

IMG 165 

And came this crushed, flatten corn food...it's a pancake made of corn and flour and this cost me USD6! From then on, I simply just stick to the conventional way of trying food. Choose those you can see and order those that is recommended!!!!!!

IMG_0383

Anyway, here are more pictures of New York City!

IMG_0417

IMG_0423

IMG_0441 

IMG_0433

IMG_0447

IMG_0429

IMG_0426

No comments: