Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Hassle free way of renewing passport

I went to the Immigration Department over in Kajang today but I was there too late and reached about 1130pm and was told the number for the day have finished. Image002

However, the security guard notice that I am renewing my passport and not applying for a new one, he pointed me to a machine behind the office where we can self help to renew the passport and don't need to wait for the queue.

Image005

I am surprise with the 'high tech' service they provide now over at the Immigration Department. Just 5 minutes later, I was on my way back home and my passport is ready to collected in 3 hours.

Image004

Here I am, waiting to collect my passport but I have to wait for about 30 minutes as my turn is another 50 numbers away! Why they can't have auto collect systems too?

Image006

Another note too, the immigration should put up clear sign and notice informing the public of the self help machine and put it in clearly visible area and not some secluded corner! 

No comments: