Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Importance of Vision

"Where there is no revelation, people cast off restrain"
NIV Proverbs 29:18

"'When there is no vision, people parish"
NKJV Proverbs 29:18


How true is this verse...or more so, it's an understatement!


All bible verses are true and alive!


But, I was struck with this verse today as I read an articles and blogs of my student.


Imagine, what purpose do I have if I don't have a vision in my life? What am I living for then? I am lost!

With vision, it will determine how far we will go!

It will determine how high we will soar. I remember a student once told me about 'Eagle'. We were discussing the bible principles and why bible says 'soar like an eagle'. He says, eagle test his power by flying against the wind and towards the sun! Wow! Vision!

Even in life, vision is very important in everything we do. I can't imagine, if I lose my vision of education as a lecturer. What will I tell the students why he or she needs to study? If I can't cast a vision in the students' life as an educator, will I be able to help to shape the students' mind and life of being a person who can 'move and shake' the world?

If Dr Mahathir has no vision, we will not have our KLCC, KLIA, F1 circuit nor even the Putrajaya or even our National car, Proton!

If PM Abdullah don't have vision, he won't push the agriculture sector as one of the main source of economy growth to counter the inflation nor carry of the Vision 2020!

Ah! how important for us to have a vision so that we can be the shaker and mover of the world! More so, if you are a leader! If not, your sheeps will be lost!

I like what one of my student's motto

Dare to Believe the Unbelievable, Dreams the Impossible, Never Take 'No' to an Answer and Be Positive!

and I have since added to that for him,

Don't just believe in your dreams, but be a person who pursue your dream, move your dream to reality!

Be a mover and shaker of the world!

So, I still have lots to acccomplished in my bucket's list!

No comments: