Thursday, January 31, 2008

GONG XI FA CHAI

Oh yes! Fatt Choi! Fatt Choi!

Who don't want that? I want it too. But it seems that from this year onwards, I will be more like "Poh Chan" (cantonese meaning 'banqrupt')! Before you get married, you will love when Chinese New Year comes around. You know you will be able to pocket some money from relatives you visit as they gave red packets when you wish them Happy Chinese New Year.

However, since I got married end of last year, now, I am in dilemma. I am looking forward to the Chinese New Year but at the same time, I am not. Looking forward, because, I will be able to meet up with all my relatives and family members, chatting and talking and laughing all the way! Not because, this year when I wish them Happy Chinese New Year, I have to give 'ang pow' (red packet)to their children whom are yet married, and little as they are, looking at you, saying

'koko...gong hee huat chai! ang pow na lai!
(brother, wishing you prosperity, and now give me your ang pow)

This is the thing that keep me thinking. why you wish people prosperity and yet, you asked 'red packet' from that person!

So, am wondering, can I reply them this year saying...

well, thanks for your wishes. Since you wish me so, I am keeping the money, and you can just take the red envelope minus the money inside! Let's be practical...prosperity means more money!

But! Never mind la! For the sake of happiness and joyous occasion, I will learn how to join in others and give. So, don't worry!

well, it's more blessed to give than received! and prosperities is more than to money only!

So, HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR and here, this is your ang pow (red packet)!



So, don't come and ask me for more! You have yours!

1 comment:

AppLeQuEEn said...

haha...
can i hav an Ang Pau too??
:P
happy CNY...