Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Birthday Celebration, 2007

I know this post kinda of late.. but as the old sage says better late then never.I just want to appreciate all those who had taken the trouble to plan a surprise birthday party for me. I had a very busy day, since its Mission Fest Saturday and there's lots to do. Nevertheless, I manage to go for 3 birthday celebrations.

Firstly, once the clock struck twelve midnight, my dearest pops a bottle of sparkling juice to celebrate with me. And I had a piece of cheese cake from Secret Recipe. It was just a countdown to my birthday....emm. For those who wonder how old I am, you have to keep guessing la.Anyway, I have not past 30.

pardon the pic, I just simply took it without any arrangment

Then, on the day itself, we went to the Mines and had my birthday lunch at the Nando's Chicken (part of the food went to the fishes in the river that flows thru it). I simply love this place. But, before that, we went to the Nokia shop to get my birthday present. I got a Nokia bluetooth headset. Wonderful isn't it.

Then, in the evening, we went to the famous Kajang satay house, Haji Samuri. Actually, that evening, we are having the welcoming party for the new comers. there are actually about 20 of us there. However, because that weekend, we have a lot of invited speakers for our mission fest, they also decided to eat satay. So, we ended having a lot of familiar faces in Haji Samuri, occupying about ten tables.

So, before we have our satay, all my beloved brothers and sisters, celebrated my birthday. I must say, they tried very hard to hide the cake away from me. Indeed, it was a surprise. Even, the pastors were involved, helping to hide all things from my view in the beginning. They sang me a birthday song for me and prayed for me too. However, its a bit embarrassing since it was a Saturday, and there are lots of people. All of them sang so loud, that, the whole place knew I am celebrating my birthday. Even Ps Chan walked over to wish me. It's so nice of him.

yours truly with the birthday cake...emm... that's the Cambodian shirt.


myself together with a wonderful brother and yes, He is single and available...


here.. more pics of the satay party.

satay, satay, where art thou?

Priscilla and Cherie Poong

After the dinner, I went back home. Before, I reached my condominium unit, I smell something nice. Smell like somebody just bought a pack of Famous Amos cookies. However, when I was standing in front of my door, the smell get stronger. Suspecting something amiss, and when my dearest didn't join us for the dinner at Haji Samuri, I was thinking she might bought me a pack of the famous cookies, knowing that I love them. However, imagine my surprise, when I open the door, I saw this...

roses...lovely. It was nicely arranged on the dining table. Then, I saw this...

Not Famous Amos cookies but homemade cookies. All done by my dearest. I was so touched. She took the trouble to make me cookies and buy me the flowers. Thank you dear.

However, the night is still young. I continue to receive surprises. I was so tired, after a long day, I decided to take a bath to freshen up. However, when I came out from the bathroom, Sis Chai Hong and gang was there in my house. They have come all the way from Sg Long to celebrate my birthday with me. They even bought me a birthday cake.


me and the cake from the Gang

The Gang
Well, we have fun till about 11 before they left. This year, I received quite a lot of present. love all of it. I received a set of belt and wallet from my foster parent, pen, a VCD, book and a cross.


However, on Monday, I received another present. Lovely present, and send all the way to my place by Li-Ann and Aylwin. Its so nice of them. Nevertheless, you need creativity with this present to enjoy it.



Its actually a tissue box cover. Once I saw it, my mind went wild. Thinking to put a pic of naval (then you get something white oozing out from it), nose, mouth, ear....etc.However, the only sad thing, I can't change the hole piece. So, I text Li-Anne, thanking her saying I love the present, and now I have decided to put her baby pics there once she is born. But now, her face will do.

But, at the end, I am too lazy to change anything. So, it still stuck there.

Anyway, THANK YOU everyone for celebrating my birthday with me and making it so nice and sweet.

2 comments:

gray said...

oh my gosh!I forgot your birthday! happy belated, bro.
li-ann and aylwin's presents are soooo cute.

KC said...

thank you bro...