Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Lorong kulit @ Penang

Well, continue from the previous post about my trip to Penang, I want to share with you this interesting place that I have let you know about, a place where bargaining are for the pros and shopping are for those who just simply feel like buying 'something'...anything.. indeed this place is like 'you get what you want' or 'you ask for it, you get it'. Don't believe it? check it out at the pics below;

Sometimes, I wonder who needs all this junks? if you were to look at it carefully, you can find amazing stuff like 'one lever plyer'... common...who using this stuff? how can you operate it when its broken? or you can find an extension cord with three points but only one working! Heeeellllooooo????
And here is the fan. can you check if this is working? the old phone too. I mean, unless you are a junk collector, you will but it, if not, why you buy it here when you can go to the shop, Sheng Heng or Courts Mammoth and get a brand new fan, pay a bit extra, and people will fix it up for you and you have the ASSURANCE that it's working...

tools....
You also can find people selling groceries here. Every where you go in Malaysia, you can find people selling cigarette. We launched the Tak Nak (Don't want) campaign against smoking, but we went on promoting the sales of it thru mamak stalls, street peddler, coffee shops and many more places. And now the cigarettes are coming in smaller boxes. Then, they say this campaign failed.. common...

Then, we have people selling fruits too....



and keropok and kerepek....


but the coolest is this... check it out...

No, not the guy... but his stall. But he has one of the coolest hair or maybe little hair la...But his stall MF. Suci Enterprise sells a lot of antics which catch my attention.

Once I saw the fan, my eyes was stuck at this little stall. They have this amazing fan that is still working. Then, I saw the phone. . There are two in the pics, look carefully.... Where else can you find this type of phones. Now people carry hand phone liao ma. To my surprise, this phone is still working, at least this is what he claims. Anyway, I know one of my uncle who bought a phone like the model besides the fan, and its WORKING at his house. Amazing.
Scouting around his stall, I found this corner...lying there, he has the old iron, abacus (which I once used as a skateboard), door knock, padlock and even the Penang Bridge run medals.
Amazing huh...Man... I enjoy visiting this place.However, I must caution you this. Do bargain. If not, you will meet the cut throat hawker. And be careful, not to buy stolen goods. This place is haven for them...but above all, enjoy the place, the people, the energy and all the shouting and yelling that you listen as you walk.
Lorong Kulit (Behind the Penang stadium),
Georgetown. Penang.
Malaysia.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Though i have been to Lorong Kulit but I still wonder why it is called so?!! maybe they used to sell 'kulit' there. but I do like the place especially the MF. SuciEnterprise stall. Trust me, you will be very surprised to see the stuffs there coz you will wonder why on the earth they still keep this things.