Saturday, November 20, 2010

Tomato Salsa Chicken

I cook almost everyday and sometimes, I am really out of idea what to cook. I got this ‘brilliant’ idea when I was preparing to cook tomato chicken (another of my own recipes). Why not use up the salsa I have made?! Save my time from chopping and the best thing is I don’t have to throw away the salsa. So, I come out with this recipe- tomato salsa chicken. It’s sweet and sour and it goes well with rice. To my surprise, KC likes it. So I will definitely cook this again!!

Ingredients:

  • 2 chicken leg quarters
  • ½ sweet onion
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • ½ cup salsa
  • 1 tbsp. rice wine
  • 3 tbsp. tomato sauce
  • 2 tbsp. chili sauce
  • 2 tbsp. sugar
  • 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
  • salt to taste
  • corn starch (optional)

Instructions:

  1. trim off the skin and cut the chicken into smaller pieces. Pan fry the chicken until brown to get rid of access fat and set aside.
  2. Sauté the onion and garlic until brown, then add in the chicken, wine, salsa, tomato sauce, chili sauce, sugar, balsamic vinegar and salt.
  3. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the gravy thickens to your liking, stir occasionally. Add in a bit of corn starch helps to thicken the gravy and serve.

No comments: