Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Chirps Chirps

One of my new found hobbies here is to bird observing. We have quite a big back yard here. There are always squirrels, rabbits, chipmunks and birds in our yard. But I was so excited when I first spotted a blue color bird. Later, I got to know from the internet that it’s called Blue Jay. From then, I developed my hobby of taking photos of birds and recognizing their different chirping sound. I never have the chance to observe birds back in Malaysia because we stay in apartment and we just don’t have time to do so. With the trees getting bold, bird observing has also become easier.

Most of the birds here are very colorful and ‘fat’ because they have to get ready for winter. Some birds here are migratory birds but we are not encouraged to feed them because they will stop migrating to the South during winter as they have stable food supply.

These are few of my favorite and common birds in Hershey. These are some of the pictures I took at our backyard and around Hershey.

misc 421

Blue Jay. I think their churps are not as nice as their color =P

misc 051

Northern Cardinal (male)

misc 411

Northern Cardinal (Female)

birds 026

Robin. One interesting thing about Robin is they have blue color eggs!!

birds 045

Black-capped chickadee. It’s so hard to take nice photo of them because they are tiny and very fast in action.

misc 162

Canadian goose

DSC01912

Migrating Canadian geese, I can hear them every morning during summer and early fall. I guess it’s too cold for them to be here now.

We are not allowed to feed the birds in the park as the steady source of food will change their migratory pattern.

017

We bought this bird house in a garage sale and hope to have birds building their nests in it soon.

No comments: