Thursday, November 11, 2010

Sweet and Sour Prawn

This is my first blog posting and let me first introduce myself before talking about, well, the title of this post.

I am from the land of the Hornbill, Sarawak, Malaysia and currently living at Hershey, Pennsylvania. Since I stay at home most of the time and my husband is away for work, I try to cook as much as I can for him. Well, they said, the way into a man’s heart is through his stomach. However, unlike what most will think that I have a lot of time being a stay-at-home-wife (SAHW), in contrary, I don’t. Times passes by in a whoosh...

Anyway, I thought I will like to share with all of you some of my cooking recipes which most is through trail and error.

DSC03031

I am sharing with you the recipe for sweet and sour prawn. It’s easy to make and quick too.

Ingredients

  • Prawns
  • Green/ Red chili pepper (Capsicum)
  • Pineapple (fresh/ can)
  • Garlic
  • Tomato (optional)
  • Sweet onion (optional)

Gravy:

  • Chili sauce
  • Tomato sauce
  • Plum sauce
  • Corn starch
  • Sugar
  • Thai chili sauce (optional)

Steps

1. Mix the gravy to your liking, either to be more sour, sweet or spicy. The tomato, chili and plum sauce are mix in 2:1:1 ratio.

2. Stir fried the garlic until fragrant.

3. Then, add the prawn, followed by chili pepper, pineapple, tomato and onion.

4. Finally, add the gravy which has been pre-mixed and cook until thicken to your liking.

You may add sugar or chili sauce to your liking. I will like it to be spicier to give it an extra kick and not too sweet. As you can see, I prepared it with more gravy because KC would love to mix it to the rice. It’s hard to get fresh seafood here at Hershey and we normally buy cook frozen prawn from Giant. However, it definitely taste better with fresh prawn.

DSC01803

1 comment:

siaomeen said...

sweet :) mee siing's new project. sure banyak more photos to come. how are both of you doing? take care and God bless!
-Jasmine-