Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Grandparents Birthday

I went back to Penang for a break cum celebrating my grandparents birthday. It was a wonderful time I have with my family. I make my way back to Penang on late Thursday night itself, to avoid the jam and even the sun when travelling during the daytime. Little did I know, I will be caught in the rain that pours like cats and dogs all the way to Penang. After the whole day work on Thursday, driving late at night is very tiring. Nevertheless, I made it back safely! It has been long since I drive back late night. Pity my parent as the have to wait for me to arrive. All this tiring drive was quickly replace with joy spending time with my family and my little cousin!.

Anyway, my main reason to be back this time is to celebrate my grandparent birthday. We celebrate their birthday every year but this year, we celebrated it a bit earlier as two of my cousins are flying off to Australia and India for their studies. We have it at the Thong Hai Seafood Restaurant, a change this year after so many years at Bali-Bali. Sorry I dont have the picture of the food, but here is a picture of the surrouding. Nice place.




Oh, yes, and we have it during lunch time this time. We have a chinese 9 dish meals and its really filling. All the helping are BIG!

After that, we went back to my parent place for the cake cutting. I bought the Lemon Cheese Secret Recipe's cake in the morning. Normally, their cakes don't disappoint me but this time, it disappoint me "big time"! The cake is too soft and the lemon is SO sour! So, we pratically can't even try to leave the cake at room temperature for more then 10 minutes. If not, everything melted.



We had a great time with my grandparent and all other relatives. Oh, yes, my grandparent are 77 this year! And both of them are still very healthy. I thank God for that! They are still travelling places and my grandfather still wakes up at 5 and work till night. He says, he need to work to kill time. And working makes him healthy. I can't agree more...

Oh yes, my little cousin... how can I forget her? She did a 'little' performance for everybody during the lunch birthday celebration to the amusement of all. All little children loves to shake their butt, but her, she did something extra this time, with a little bit of tai chi! My grandfather laugh non stop. And at his age, seeing him laugh whole heartedly, my heart smile too! Here she is with my eldest uncle, my grandparent eldest son.


Happy Birthday Grandpa & Grandma! Wish you a great years and healthy life!


No comments: