Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Diamond or Stone?

For the past two months, I have been travelling to quite a number of places. It started with 7 days trip to Ranong and Phuket over in Thailand, then, to Sibu, Sarawak for 3 days. From Sarawak, I went to Medan and Brastagi over in Sumatra, Indonesia. And recently, I just came back from Singapore and also to Fraser Hill, Penang and Cameron Highlands.
Sometimes, I wonder why am I so busy and running here and there? Do I need too? or can I just say, I am busy.. next time la! I am tempted too just leave it and give excuse I am busy...hey I really am busy. I am still trying to finish up my thesis for PhD. It already took me a year to write my thesis. After all, I am a student and trying to cope with my time and study...
However, I do feel, I have some obligations to my family. I have not visited them over 3 months back in hometown though they came to my place. I am trying to tell it to my family, I LOVE them. They are always in my thought and I treasure the time I have with them all the time. Everytime. Everywhere.
At the same time, I have to serve God. No matter what, I made it a point that I will continue to serve Him no matter how busy I am. Can I at least give me 10% of my time. Simple mathematics....
24 hours x 10% = 2.4 hours or 144 mins per day!
Thus, I have always set it a side for God.. anytime in the day. I can just do anything for Him. Simple. Serving him always bring joys and happiness. Fulfillment. Satisfaction. Always light. maybe. I do struggle at times. hard press. tired. But, when I commit myself to him, I am always refresh. Strengthen. I have learn to yield myself to Him. One step nearer, thousand steps lighter. One step closer, thousands steps lighter.
Over time, I realise, I am able to cope with my life better. I am able to be more cheerful. happier. Everytime I struggle, and when I come out of it, I overcome problems that will strenghten me. It builts into me personalities and spirit that is stronger.
People from around you will realise you have change. People feel it. My family members knows it. My grandparents admit it. It's different. Praise the Lord for that.
Carbon will remains as carbon if it did not go thru the process of 'compression' and 'heating'. from there, it appear as harden stone. From a stone, it will have to be cut and polish. Then, you will get the DIAMOND.
Every person will have to be press. compress. broken. reshape. mould. polish. then, the full potential will start to shine. We will always have to look deep into the situation we are in to realise there is a reason for it.
To some, rain is bad. scary. flood. Yet, to many, its blessing. However, above all, after all the gloom... we can see the RAINBOW! Nevertheless, RAINBOW doesn't comes easy. Sun ray have to penetrate into the rain drops and behind it, then, you enjoy the rainbow.
Praise the Lord!

No comments: