Thursday, February 11, 2010

I wonder why

Some of my random thoughts of Chinese New Year.

1. Why do people gives ang pow (red packet with money inside) during Chinese New Year?

2. Why we must have so much of food during Chinese New Year reunion dinner and at the end, ended up eating the left over for days?

3. Why everything must be new?

4. Why do people put up red lantern?

5. Why more Malays are playing fire crackers during CNY then Chinese ? (at least at where I stay in Penang)

6. Why more houses are decorated in the Christmas mood rather the Chinese New Year atmosphere?

7. It’s reunion time. Can we have reunion elsewhere together, like in KL? It save a lot of trouble like traffic jams, packed sardines at every supermarket/ shops/ market, etc.

8. Which is the real, original Chinese New Year song?

9. Why do we celebrate Chinese New Year for 15 days? Isn’t New Year is just on the first day?

10. What is it about  new red under garments? WHO CARES!

 

I guess I am a Chinese but still have a lot to learn! And obviously I do have ONE last question…

Can we forget and ABOLISH the ang pow tradition? or can I don’t gives this year?

Have a great and blessed Chinese New Year everyone! Have a good reunion and fellowship with loved ones!

Remember, don’t drive too fast and keep to the speed limit!

Don’t go faster than the angels do!

No comments: