Wednesday, February 24, 2010

And everything in between – Malaysian Drivers

Some questions (and suggestions) I always have about (for)  Malaysian driver.

1. Don’t they know how to use the indicator light when they want to change lane or to stop at the side?

2. Green light GO, yellow light, ready to stop and red light STOP and NOT, I mean NOT Yellow light is still CAN GO and Red light, GO lah…colour blind ka?

3. Don’t you know how to use the ‘round-about’? I know some countries don’t have that but if you stay at the outer lane, you have to exit at the next exit. You don’t keep circling at the outer lane!. NO, indicator doesn’t apply here because we can’t see at that angle!

4. Hey! Yellow box is there for a reason. You don’t stop in it and turn your head away and ignoring the driver that you just stop in their way. And by the way, you are causing all the jam too!

5. Oh…road is for you to drive and not to park your car! If you want to park your car, there is something call CAR PARK!

6. Motorist, I know that you can go faster than a lot of cars and you can squeeze in between cars, but you don’t have to show your skills at the outer lane of the highway. I know you are good and skillful but, my car can be more POWERFUL. Safety first man.

7. Why you must turn on your radio so loud that I can also hear what you are listen too…actually, to think of it, do all of you play the same music? It always goes boom, boom, boom…Do you hear my music too? It goes honk, honk, honk…

8. I wonder how many of you actually know there are designated lanes to turn right, left or to go straight at the traffic light and junctions. Not all lanes can do everything you like. Right lane to turn right, left lane to turn left…oh…you don’t know which is left and right? Then, I would suggest that you…… STOP DRIVING!

9. Come on, driving can’t be that hard. You don’t need to tailgate someone else car to eliminate the wind drag to your car. And by the way, it doesn’t save you any petrol too. I know because I watch Mythbusters and they said so! Don’t believe me, next time watch that too! Oh…by the way, some times I do apply brake to my car to slow down because cars in front are slowing down too and they are STOPPING. Sorry, I can’t twitter to inform you earlier because you DON’T twit and drive!

10. Don’t talk on handphone while driving applies at ALL speed. No, you are NOT safer if you travel at 20kph and talk on the phone while you hog the road. And no, the polices still see you while you travel at that speed while talking on the phone, you don’t go invisible!Summon doesn’t come in speed categories (I hope so and yes, pun intended!) except when you over-speed! Oh, by the way, the same goes for those who want to smoke and drive, twit and drive, snap-a-pic and drive, tour-guide and drive and drink and drive too…maybe not drink and drive – you can’t even go straight what more to follow traffic rules!

Happy driving folks! And welcome to Driving in Malaysia 101: Do’s and Don’ts or is it vice-versa?

No comments: