Thursday, September 27, 2012

Google's underwater "street view"

With the new iPhone 5 release, Apple also release the new iOS6 with it. During the same 'upgrade', Apple ditched Google Maps and also YouTube. Google Maps has been replaced with the now infamous Apple Maps which miss the mark.

 Look at the Six Most Epic Fails and you will see that!

However, Google Maps is consistently improving themselves and having a larger catalogue of maps! On Google Maps, we can choose to have street view, which is cool when it was first release and still is cool now, but sometimes, is a bit outdated.

I know it's hard to curate and maintain the large data that they have. They have consistently challenge themselves too.

However, what many people doesn't know is that Google doesn't just have Google street view on their Google maps. If you go to their website, under gallery, you will find more street view collection.  You can choose to visit Isreal, or Amazon, Google have their street view collection there.


And if you are a businessman, there is also a business highlights! 

However, one of the things that blows me away is that Google recently have street view for ocean! At first, I am thinking, who want to look at that, and then it dawn on me, WOW! How cool is that?

I dive and love diving. However, diving is a very expensive hobby. You pay for your tank, for boat rides, for license to national parks, lodging and much more. But now, I can click on Google Maps and I will be at Great Barrier Reef!


Don't expect the same as diving, but it's really nice to be able to click on all these and take a lot at the pictures of famous dive sites around the world!
Then, suddenly, I realized I am working in the wrong field! How cool will it be to be able to work for Google and dive all around the work to map this for them! I would love to be one of their divers.

Anyway, I will leave you with one of the video of their ocean 'street view'!



Happy 'Diving" folks!

No comments: