Thursday, January 20, 2011

Baked Chicken Breast with Cheese and Tomato

Most of my cooking are Asian or Chinese food but KC is a person who loves Western food especially cheese. He will cook spaghetti or roast chicken wings at home and he is very good at marinating meat. Since we arrived at Hershey, I have become the full time ‘cook’. So I guess he may have forgotten how to do that. hehehe…

Today, he told me that he would love to have baked chicken with cheese. This dish was introduced to us by Erin and Joel when we had our first dinner at their place. Erin told me that it’s a very easy dish to prepare and she was very kind to email me the recipe. I remembered all it needed were chicken breast, tomato, cheese, salt and pepper. Simple, right?! However, when I went through the recipe just before I wanted to start cooking, I found out that I lacked so many ingredients stated. So, I had no choice but to cook using whatever I had.

First, I mixed cubed tomato, finely chopped garlic, dried parsley, dried basil, crouton, olive oil, salt and pepper. Then I spread the mixture and cheese on top of chicken, drizzled with a bit of olive oil and baked it at 350F for 30- 40 minutes.

I served it with baked potato and romaine. Hey, it turned out better than I thought! The only thing is it’s not good for the next meal. The chicken will be too dry after reheating.

Give it a try and let me know how do you like it. It’s very easy to prepare and needs little work.

No comments: