Saturday, July 18, 2009

Am I overdoing it?

It never occur to me one day I will asked myself this question, am I overdoing it?

If you have been following my blog, you will realise by now that I love travelling and capturing every moments of it in pictures. However, lately, I have been travelling quite a lot. In fact, for the past 2 months, I have only stay at home for about a week.

IMG_8246

I have been to New York, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Harrisburg and Hershey over in US for about 3 weeks. From there, I flew back and travelled to Kuching and Sibu for week before travelling back to hometown for about 4 days to visit my parent and grandparent. Then, I have about 5 days at home to do some work and catch up with some errand and church work. Then, I travelled to Beijing, China for about 8 days.

 IMG_7730

However, I don't really enjoy the trip in Beijing as much as I would love too. When I am there, I longed to go back home. I have never had that feeling before that is so strong. Every time I longed to go back home is because I missed my wife too much to be away from her. But this time, she is with me in Beijing and I longed to go back home.

So, am I overdoing it?

But then again, this will not stop soon. It will continue till year end. I have 8 Orang Asli villages to visit in 2 months when I get back to Malaysia. Then, I am leaving for US again in October and to Dominica in November.

I guess this is working life!

On another note, I am not looking forward to the trip in October because that means I will be away from my wife for a long period. We have never been away from each for more than 3 weeks before and this time round will be for about 6 months!

I do hope I can stop the time! But then again, God always in control.

6 comments:

Nicki said...

I envy you brother.. I'd love to be able to travel across countries like you do!

what do you do as a day job? or do you even have one?? =)

KC said...

Nicki,

I do have a day job. I am a scientist and a research scholar. so, much of my travelling are because work related.

Nicki said...

oh wow! that's cool! what kinda research do you do?

KC said...

Hi Nicki, I work on the genetics of the aboriginal populations and also skin cancer...that's allowed me to travel to various populations around the world.
I see that u graduated from UKM too. what year was that? I am still there.

Nicki said...

you're still in UKM? hey me too! haha.. I'm going to graduate next year..

KC said...

IC. i thought you are working di.
i am still here.